Laser Hair Removal Technician Course
This course is designed for the qualified professional, or the student
who is currently enrolled in Advanced Dermal Skin Care training.
Through comprehensive training in theory and clinical application, the
student will gain the knowledge and practical skills to enable them to
work competently within the cosmetic medical field as a Laser Hair Removal
Technician. The student will gain solid clinical work experience in a
professional clinical setting performing applications on the body &
face with true lasers. Upon successful completion of their training, the
student will then have the options of working along side a doctor in a
laser or cosmetic medical clinic, adding to your existing spa or esthetic
salon treatments, working independently or operating their own laser hair
removal business. Students receive a diploma with successful completion.
Also included is the
Laser Safety Officer
certification for Safety Procedures.
Course duration is 80 hours
Some of the theory subject areas you can expect to cover in class:
- Physiology of the hair follicle and the hair, understanding phases of hair growth.
- Skin types & common conditions, plus skin diseases and disorders, pigmentation
conditions of the skin.
- Physics and parameters of the different cosmetic medical Laser Hair Removal Systems.
- Indications, contra-indications, and side effects of laser hair removal.
- Clinical procedures and The dos and the don’ts of Laser Therapy.
- Laser safety guidelines & protocols for safe us of lasers.
- Final written assessment at end of course.
- Demonstrations by educators with some of the top laser systems for Hair
removal in the industry.
- Extensive hands on experience with some of the top medical laser systems
in the industry.
- Various laser platforms utilized (ie. Diode, Nd:Yag, IPL and Elos technology)
- Proper handling and maintenance of all laser units.
- Preparation and sanitation of the treatment area. Client/patient evaluation
of hair and skin type.
- Consultations, Skin and hair analysis: Being able to independently evaluate
and assess patient needs, following proper method of evaluation protocols.
- Evaluation and charting of patient information for proper and extensive
- Structured and extensive clinical practice on live models, with advanced
- Marketing / Business for the Laser Clinic-Medi-spa.
- Final clinical assessment of your application skill at the end of the course.
Medical Laser Hair Removal Technician: Tuition fee $2899.00
Additional fees: $375.00
For more information and to get enrolled at our school today, do not hesitate
to contact our office at (604) 773-7515 for a complimentary consultation!