ABL INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
For over 20 years, All Body laser has been a leader among Canadian laser industry post-secondary Institutions.
ABL is the highest designated specialty laser school in Canada. We are the pioneers in Cosmetic Laser education since 2000 and recognized internationally. ABL is the highest designated specialty laser school in Canada. We are the pioneers in Cosmetic Laser education since 2000 and recognized internationally.
At our institute we offer the most extensive classroom and clinical training in cosmetic medical devices and advanced aesthetic technologies. Our qualified and professional instructors have extensive experience in cosmetic laser technology for hair removal, spider vein removal, tattoo removal, medical aesthetic treatments, photo rejuvenations, body contouring, radio frequency, dermatology, and medical studies.
Our class is extremely focus to all of students need to learn and provide hands-on practice in a professional clinical setting. When you graduate with ABL you can be confident knowing you have been thoroughly trained as a certified medical esthetician and advanced laser technician specialist with a wide variety of cosmetic lasers and technologies.
ABL also teaches and ensures that proper sanitation and safety protocols are in place for you with LSO safety standards. Our diplomas are designated and recognized by the private training institution branch of BC.
To transform student in brilliant professional maintaining human character and respect for all customers.
“Our mission is to provide comprehensive and up to date aesthetic and cosmetic laser training so our students can step competently into the aesthetic or cosmetic medical laser industry. Our students will feel confident, competitive and will be trained with the highest and most professional standards for their success”
Respect: takes each other’s feelings, needs, thoughts, ideas, wishes, and preferences into consideration.
Loyalty and Integrity: We are committed and are passionate about our delivery of excellent education and services, in addition to a relentless appreciation of our exceptional staff.
Education is passing knowledge and skills from one generation to the next with a lot of passion.
ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW
HOW TO PREPARE COMING TO CANADA FOR STUDY FOLLOWING COVID -19 GOVERNMENT POLICIES
As COVID-19 continues, ALL BODY LASER Training Institute (ABL) is committed to guide and support International students in starting their new career and program of study. Follow the steps below to be prepared and accepted with no hassle into Canada. When International students receive their approval to come to Canada, here are a few things to prepare before their traveling.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Government of Canada has implemented travel restrictions that limit the ability of foreign nationals to enter Canada and has mandated those travelers entering the country quarantine for 14 days upon the arrival.
Please review the vaccine requirement and exemption for students to be considerate with proof and quarantine plan all links are available for easy access to avoid delays:
All Body Laser Training Institute will guide international students with information that will be required to:
- Create a successful plan to travel to Canada
- Quarantine for 14 days upon arrival
- Follow the ABL Covid-19 Safety Plan when attending the Training Institute.
International students must:
- Submit an ABL Travel & Self-Isolation Plan
- Acknowledge reviewing the government regulations on “Self-Quarantine on return to BC”
- Agree to follow the ABL Covid-19 Safety Plan while attending the program of study
PREPARATION AND TRAVELLING TO CANADA
STEP A: CHECK YOUR TRAVEL ELIGIBILITY
To assess whether you are eligible to enter Canada, carefully review Travel exemptions and restrictions for international students on Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) website.
Designated Learning Institutions (DLI) with a COVID-19 readiness plan approved by their province or territory are able to reopen to international students who are currently outside Canada.
If you plan to come to Canada as an international student:
- Your DLI must be on the list of DLIs with approved COVID-19 readiness plans before you travel to Canada.
- You must have a valid study permit or have been approved for a study permit.
- We’ll process complete applications submitted after May 15, 2021
Find out more information at the Government of Canada’s Update on travel restriction exemptions for international students.
You may contact the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) directly for more information. A border services officer will make a final decision on your eligibility to enter Canada when you arrive.
STEP B: PLAN FOR SELF-QUARANTINE
Once you are approved and eligible to enter Canada and have booked your flight, next step is to plan for your mandatory 14-day quarantine upon arrival to Canada as required by the Federal Quarantine Act.
Please review the following information on how to create your quarantine plan.
What kind of accommodation may be acceptable for your required 14-day quarantine read through IRCC – For travellers without symptoms of COVID-19 returning to Canada.
- You may be able to quarantine at a private residence or a hotel as long as the accommodation allows you to be completely separated at all times and you meet all government quarantine requirements.
Transportation from the airport
You must travel directly to your quarantine accommodation from the airport by personal car, taxi, limousine, or rideshare service. A mask or other face-covering should be worn during this entire trip.
- Taxis are available at the taxi stand located outside the International Arrivals area at Vancouver International Airport. Ridesharing services or premium limousine services are also available.
- If you plan to stay at a hotel that operates a complimentary airport courtesy shuttle, you may be able to use that service (check with the hotel in advance).
- Do NOT use public transportation from the airport to your quarantine accommodation.
Food and other necessities
Since you are not allowed to go out to shop during quarantine, you must have a plan for making sure you can access food and any other items that you may need. If you have family or friends in the area that are willing to support you, then you may be able to depend on them to deliver these items to you.
- If you are planning to quarantine at a hotel, check if they offer meals by room service.
- If you are ordering meals or groceries from delivery services, it is important to have access to a credit card that you can use in Canada. Many businesses are not accepting cash at all due to the COVID-19 risk.
- You can also order groceries or restaurant food for delivery at the companies below:
Skip the Dishes- Instacart- Uber Eats- DoorDash.
STEP C: SUBMIT A ALL BODY LASER Training Institute TRAVEL & SELF-ISOLATION PLAN
As part of the All Body Laser Training Institute COVID-19 readiness plan, all international students who plan to travel to Canada must submit a mandatory BMC Travel & Self-Isolation Plan. This includes new students as well as continuing students who left Canada temporarily during their studies in Canada.
- Through our student services, the (ABL) TRAVEL & SELF ISOLATION PLAN requirements will be sent to you by email. You must complete and submit the plan at least 10 days prior to arriving in Canada.
STEP D: PREPARE YOUR DOCUMENTS
Before coming to Canada, please see the checklist below to make sure you have all your documents and other important paperwork:
- A valid passport or travel document
- A valid Visitor Visa or ETA (not required for US citizens)
- The Port of Entry (POE) Letter of Introduction the visa office sent you when they approved your study permit (if this letter is dated after March 18, 2020, you are NOT exempt from Canada’s travel restrictions unless you are traveling directly from the United States)
- A copy of a valid letter of acceptance from ABL
- For yourself and any other family members who may come with you to Canada Proof of financial support
- All your medical insurance documents
- Any other documents the visa office told you to bring.
- Proof that you are traveling for an essential (non-discretionary) reason
- Please always carry all these documents with you and do not put them in your checked luggage. You may not be allowed into Canada if any of your documents are missing or if any of the information on your application or letters of reference is incorrect.
STEP E: ARRIVECAN APP AND BC GOVERNMENT SELF QUARANTINE PLAN
The government of Canada requires international travelers to provide certain information. We recommend that students download and complete the ArriveCAN Application before departing for their trip.
In addition to the federal ArriveCAN Application, travelers arriving in B.C. are encouraged to complete a self-quarantine plan. Here is the link to the plan: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/travel/current
- Completing the plan will help you prepare to self-quarantine successfully. It’s important to consider:
- The location of your 14-day self-quarantine
- How you will travel to your quarantine location
- Arranging the necessary supports:
- Cleaning supplies
- Pet care
- Social or family support
When you arrive at a Canadian port of entry, you will meet a Canadian Border Services Agency (CBSA) officer who will verify your documents and ask you questions about the purpose of your visit to Canada. See “Travel exemptions and restrictions for international students” for more details.
If you are issued a study permit by the CBSA officer, quickly double-check that your personal information and validity are correct and that there are remarks about working eligibility if that is important to you.
It is much simpler to correct any errors on your study permit while you are still with the CBSA officer. Otherwise, you may have to submit a request to amend your Study Permit later, which may take several months to process.
COMPLETE YOUR SELF-QUARANTINE
Carefully review IRCC – How to quarantine (self-isolate) at home when you may have been exposed to COVID-19 and have no symptoms to understand how to successfully complete your quarantine.
- It is important to understand that failure to comply with the federal Quarantine Act could result in serious punishments including a maximum fine of $1,000,000 and up to 3 years in prison.
A staff member from the ABL will be your point of contact and will check in on you and provide support throughout your 14-day quarantine.
- You can expect to receive an email from them by the time you arrive in Canada.
- Please make sure to read this important message and to reply as soon as possible to let them know that you have arrived safely.
- You must notify at any time to your point of contact immediately if during your quarantine you have any:
- Difficulty accessing food or other necessary items.
- Possible symptoms of COVID-19
- Questions about BMC, resources for students, or the local area.
- If it is determined that you do not remain in quarantine for 14 days, ABL will contact the provincial health authority and you will be subject to the penalties for not complying with the Quarantine Act.
Traveling to begin a study program, especially during this challenging time, can make you more anxious and/or vulnerable than usual.
- Please reach out to the following resources if you need any mental health support: Here2Talk – 24/7 Student Mental Health Counselling and Referral Service
- Today Minister Melanie Mark announced the launch of Here2Talk. All students currently registered in a B.C. post-secondary institution have access to free, confidential counseling and community referral service, conveniently available 24/7 via app, by phone (1-877-857-3397) and online at ca.
Please remember through the student services we are available to assist you, to welcome you into the community, to share the ABL experience, and provide resources during your Self-quarantine period.
After you successfully complete your 14-day quarantine, we encourage you to continue to take all precautions to take all precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19 when around other people.
International students will need to apply for British Columbia’s Medical Services Plan (MSP) once they arrive in BC, but will also need to have temporary basic private medical coverage during their MSP coverage waiting period.
It is especially important that international students understand:
- That BC MSP coverage is required by law for residents of BC who stay for over six months, including international students.
- That new arrivals to BC must apply for BC MSP as soon as they arrive in BC with resident status.
- When private basic medical insurance coverage would be necessary, such as during your MSP waiting period.
- What the difference is between basic and extended medical insurance coverage
Please follow the link for more information on BC’s provincial health care system including how the coverage waiting period works and how to apply online: www2gov.bc.ca
ABL COVID-19 SAFETY PLAN
It is essential that all international students review and agree to follow the ABL Covid Safety Plan. ABL follows all Covid-19 requirements issued by the B.C. Centre for Disease Control (BCCDC) and the Provincial Health Authority.
In the event of a robust outbreak of Covid-19, the Centre will follow all directives as issued here: Updated: Public health management of cases and contacts associated with COVID-19 – Canada.ca
- ALL STAFF AT ALL BODY LASER TRAINING INSTITUTE are excited to meet and welcome you to our Elite Canadian education experience.
- Excited to meet you and Safe travels!
Why Choose All Body Laser Corp?
- We Are The Pioneers Of Cosmetic Medical Laser Training in Canada
- We Offer Job Opportunity Placement Assistance To All Our Graduates
- We Are The Most Recognized Training Institute In North America
- Private Tutoring is Available - Fees May Apply
- All our Programs are Approved and Designated by the Private Training Institutions Branch of the Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills & Training.
- Recognized by the Private Training Instituion Branch PTIB